Jasprit Bumrah is a well-known Indian cricketer who represents his country in all formats of the game. He was born in Ahmedabad on December 6, 1993. He bowls with his right arm and has an unusual quick-arm motion.
For a long time, the Indian squad had been seeking a death-over expert. They were also having difficulty cleaning up the tail-ends, particularly overseas. The pacer from Gujarat put an end to the hunt and is now the spearhead of India’s bowling attack.
Bumrah plays Ranji cricket for Gujarat, his home state. In October 2013, he made his first-class debut against Vidarbha.
Two years later, on January 5, 2018, he made his Test debut against South Africa in Cape Town. Bumrah is now one of the Indian Premier League’s biggest stars.
He’s famed for hitting the blockhole regularly, and his devastating yorkers are unrivaled.
9 Interesting Facts About Jasprit Bumrah
- Bumrah made his Gujarat debut against Vidarbha in the 2013-14 season. Many were surprised when he took 7 wickets on debut and went on to become his team’s leading wicket-taker in the tournament.
- John Wright, the former coach of the Mumbai Indians, was the first to discover Bumrah’s potential. During the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, he spotted him and was impressed by the young man.
- In the 2014 IPL auction, Jasprit Bumrah was purchased for a staggering 1.2 crores by the Mumbai Indians.
- Virat Kohli happens to be his first and 100th wicket in the Indian Premier League.
- Jasprit had a lot of variety in his locker, but he was inexperienced in applying them. Lasith Malinga taught him how to use all of them. Bumrah’s development as a bowler was aided by the veteran’s advice.
- MS Dhoni praised Bumrah’s performance in Australia, calling him the ‘find of the tour’. In little time, he established his spot on the Indian team. He is currently India’s leading bowler.
- Jasprit, who made his T20I debut against Australia in January 2016, became the bowler with the most T20I wickets in a calendar year in just seven months. He surpassed Dirk Nannes’ record of 28 wickets in the two-match series against the West Indies.
- Bumrah received heavy praise from Glenn McGrath who commended him for his unique action and ability to swing the ball.
- Jasprit married Sanjana Ganesan on 15 March 2021 in Goa. Sanjana is a sports presenter on TV.